Season Greeting


Quote

"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."

Frank Outlaw

December 2, 2010

Me and The Palindrom

Animals, Beautiful Animals, Nature, Photography, Keefers
From on line there are chance for expanding knowledge and new vocabulary. It add to my explosive "CPU". I strive to digest it slowly and put it in use.  I hock into my foolish imagination. Today my new word is "palindrome". It means a phrase or word or number can be read as forwards or in backwards. It is reverse spelling. I wonder maybe after learning English in America, I become a mutant of the words game. An extra mirror are begun to form in me . I am thinking  Palindrom as  a  mirror inside of me. There are many types of Palindrome in our everyday. I don't aware of their existent in daily and maybe this is a solution for my English learning!

The  examples  I see in every day are:.
Palindromic Characters (words):
civic, radar, level, rotor, kayak, reviver, racecar, and redder.

Palindromic numbers, (I mostly able to see it as a prime number.)
1221,  5885....

Dates  
It depends on what system you are looking  at "The US or The other". I wonder if I say  The US is the complementary of the European can be offensive context Palindrome video

Genetic in the human DNA
"In the genetic instructions will be able to find the palindromic context too. The DNA is formed by two paired strands of nucleotides, and the nucleotides always pair in the same way (Adenine (A) with Thymine (T), Cytosine (C) with Guanine (G)), a (single-stranded) sequence of DNA is  a palindrome if it is equal to its complementary sequence read backwards. For example, the sequence ACCTAGGT is palindromic because its complement is TGGATCCA, which is equal to the original sequence in reverse complement."
 There are many more of this subject,  I need to hold off for now.
One thing I can conclude Palindrome is " monkey see monkey do"

No comments:

Post a Comment